Friday, July 23, 2010

Tax Cuts For The Most Fortunate

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner:
We believe it is appropriate to let those tax cuts that go to the most fortunate expire

Most fortunate?

So, I wonder how these guys think a person gets income? To use a phrase like "most fortunate" suggests to me that they don't think income is earned, because if it is earned then large income may go to those who work hardest and that have the greatest abilities in producing goods and services for others.

I wonder how these guys think a person gains wealth? It seems to me wealth is chosen. In order to have wealth, I think a person has to choose to save something out of current income by not spending everything that he or she earns. I don't think the bottom line is that a person is fortunate to have wealth. It seems to me a person is wise to try to choose wealth by not consuming all that he or she earns.

No comments: